CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Who's your daddy...

My Sweet Angel Boy!








I don't know why I'm surprised at anything my kids do anymore.That saying "Oh from the mouth of babes" is so true! My son just turned 19 mos old. He loves to get your attention with just about anything. Lately, he has taken to calling every man he sees in public "daddy". It was cute at first, but now its just plain EMBARRASSING!  I can't find a rhyme or reason for his association accept that they are male! At first, I thought that maybe it was because he saw a car like daddy's or a guy that kind of looked like daddy. However that doesn't seem to be the case. Old, young, big, small, bald, or not, they are daddy! Today, I was at the grocery store with all of the kids, which never fails to be anything short of a nightmare. The girls were doing their usual bickering and complaining because they didn't get a toy. I was playing referee as usual and trying to load my groceries when this huge, old "kidnapper" style van pulls into the space next to me. Out pop two older guys that certainly fit the stereotypical "kidnapper" profile. You know, mullets, dirty clothes, baseball caps, three teeth in their heads. You get the idea. I was trying to get my groceries and the kids loaded up as quickly as possible before I was sited for disturbing the peace with my girls' argument. All of a sudden my son points at these two men (neither of which looks anything like my husband) and yells "DADDY!" These guys start cracking up laughing. I hear one say " That kid thinks I'm his daddy". My son goes on and on. "Daddy", "daddy", "daddy". "Hi daddy"!  I was so embarrassed. I couldn't wait to get in my car and drive away!!

1 comment:

  1. oh no!!! haha. my nephew did that too but it was with mommy. I'm new to your blog, found you by accident. you have a very cute little man!

    ReplyDelete